Working in France

Foreigner in France: can I be self-employed “auto-entrepreneur” ?

Do you have the right to create an auto-entrepreneur status (self-employed) as a foreigner who wants to work in France? If so, under what conditions? What if you are a student? The answers to these questions depend mainly on your residence permit. Let’s take a closer look at the different […]

How to Practice Medicine in France?

If you need to know how to Practice Medicine in France, and what conditions and procedure you must follow, please answer the questions below. This is the first step to get assistance throughout the process. Loading… Three conditions are necessary to practice medicine in France: diplomas, nationality and registration on […]

Work permit in France for a foreign employee

Foreigners who enter France to take up paid employment must have a work permit in France (also called a work permit in France for a foreign employee). Otherwise, he cannot be hired. The work permit can take the form of either a visa or a residence permit, or a document […]

The practice of medicine in France: how to proceed?

In respect of the practice of medicine in France, a healthcare professional who is a national of an EU member country or of a State party to an agreement with the European economic area, must follow a procedure for automatic recognition of his diploma, or comply with an authorization procedure.  […]

Expatriation bonus: Calculation of expatriation allowances

Going to work abroad was long considered an effort that deserved to be compensated. Living abroad is now a necessary step to access interesting positions and live an enriching international experience. In France, companies facilitate these more numerous departures by offering an Expatriation bonus and various indemnities. But how are they calculated? […]

expatriation bonus

The Temporary worker residence permits

The long-stay visa serving as a residence permit or the temporary “temporary worker” residence permit is intended for foreigners who wish to stay in France to exercise a salaried activity under a fixed-term contract of more than 3 months or for salaried foreigners. seconded (mobility outside intragroup or intragroup) who […]


Since the entry into force of the law of March 7, 2016, foreign nationals who are performers or authors of a literary or artistic work may be issued a 4-YEAR FRENCH ARTIST TALENT PASSPORT. This residence permit can be requested in France, from the prefecture with territorial jurisdiction in the […]

The temporary worker residence permit

The long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit or the temporary worker residence permit is intended for foreigners who wish to stay in France to exercise a salaried activity under a fixed-term contract of more than 3 months, or a salaried foreigner seconded (mobility outside the intragroup or intragroup) who […]

Temporary Worker


The employee status change procedure concerns foreign nationals who hold a valid residence permit in France and who wish to obtain employee status. The “employee” status change procedure does not only concern students, even if it is the latter who are most often affected by this procedure. It is established case law that the […]