As an artist, you must apply for a card if the planned length of stay is at least 1 year. If the duration of stay is less than 1 year, a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (VL-TS ) mention talent passport is sufficient.
Your family can benefit from the simplified accompanying family procedure. Your spouse and your minor children (under 18) automatically receive a multi-year family talent passport residence card. The duration of this card is equal to the remaining validity period of your stay. It gives the right to exercise any professional activity.
You can obtain a talent passport residence permit – as an artistic or cultural professional – that allows exercising an artistic activity if you meet the following conditions:
- you are a performer or
- you are an author of literary or artistic work.
If you live abroad, you must file your card application with the French consular authorities in your country of residence. On your arrival in France, your card will be given to the prefecture or sub-prefecture of your domicile upon presentation of your visa.
If you live in France, you must submit your request for a card to the prefecture (or sub-prefecture) of your domicile (find out more on the prefecture’s website) within 2 months before the expiry date of your residence permit.
- Your long-stay visa or residence permit
- Your passport (pages relating to civil status, validity dates and entry stamps)
- Birth certificate (full copy or extract with parentage)
- If you are married: marriage certificate (full copy or extract with parentage)
- If you have children: birth certificate (full copy or extract with parentage) of each child
- Proof of address less than 3 months old
- 3 photos
- Cerfa form
- Proof of resources greater than or equal to the minimum wage.