French Talent Passport for an Employee on Assignment

As an employee on assignment, you must apply for a card if the planned length of stay is at least 1 year. If the duration of stay is less than 1 year, a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (VL-TS ) mention talent passport is sufficient.

Your family can benefit from the simplified accompanying family procedure. Your spouse and your minor children (under 18) automatically receive a multi-year family talent passport residence card. The duration of this card is equal to the remaining validity period of your stay. It gives the right to exercise any professional activity.

You can obtain a talent passport residence permit – as an employee on assignment – that allows exercising a salaried activity if you meet the following conditions:

  • You are an employee of a company established abroad and come to France to exercise a salaried activity within the framework of mobility between establishments of the same company or between companies of the same group (intra-group mobility)
  • You have a seniority of at least 3 months in the group which employs you
  • You have an employment contract with the company that employs you in France
  • You receive an annual gross remuneration equal to at least twice the minimum annual wage.


  • Your long-stay visa or residence permit
  • Your passport (pages relating to civil status, validity dates and entry stamps)
  • Birth certificate (full copy or extract with parentage)
  • If you are married: marriage certificate (full copy or extract with parentage)
  • If you have children: birth certificate (full copy or extract with parentage) of each child
  • Proof of address less than 3 months old
  • 3 photos
  • Cerfa form 
  • Employment contract with the company established in France
  • Supporting documents establishing at the date of the request seniority in the group or in the company sending him on a mission of a duration of at least 3 months (salary slips for example)
  • Proof of links between the company established in France and that established abroad
  • Proof of resources greater than or equal to at list twice the minimum annual wage
  • Documents completed by your employer.